Monday, April 12, 2010

Furry Predestination...

 -- I think that I was born furry, and had that animal-orientation even before I realized what it was and could attach a name to it.  I had tons of comic books and watched countless hours of 'toons on TV, especially the classic Warner Brothers stuff.  This interest and orientation continued into my teenaged years and into adulthood, albeit secretly...adults aren't supposed to still be watching cartoons or identifying with animal characters in them!  It was actually kind of a solitary existence, since I never realized that there were others like myself until the advent of the internet.

How have 'toons changed since I was a kid?--Well, generally with some exceptions,  production values are lower, and they aren't as well-drawn; story lines are far more daring, however, and go places that were utterly unthinkable way back when.   More real life situations are covered as well, which means that 'toons have actually become somewhat therapeutic, almost psychotherapy for the masses.  Edgy and dark things are not only acceptable, but are far more mainstream, and art and literature can be united in the best of them...

No comments: