Thursday, December 03, 2009

Insomnia...


- - I'm an insomniac, and it's a rare night when I get more than six hours of sleep; that's on a really good night! I can get to sleep, eventually...then I'll sleep for several hours, and wake up in the middle of the night. They consider this a sleep maintenance problem, and sleep disorders are rather poorly understood.

...believe me, they have some freaky stuff on television in the middle of the night; infomercials, endless Ex-tenze commercials, the dreadful Girls Gone Wild ads, and vintage movies and TV shows, many of which were worthless to begin with. Billy Mays still roams the airwaves hawking products in his "yell and sell" style, like some kind of electronic zombie, dead but still offensively selling. When I awaken, I'll watch such fare until my brain shuts down, and I can get back to sleep again...maybe!

Was it Poe who called sleep, "little slices of death?" I'm beginning to understand why...

No comments: